Using the best online bookkeeping course will help you understand accounting, finance, and your business much better. Finding the right course will also help you learn a lot faster.
Transactions, either offline or online are the lifeline of any business, and these exchanges are rising daily in the growing economies. But can these hefty transactions be left unregistered or unrecorded? There comes an immense scope to record, categorize, and analyze these data. Here, we introduce a daughter course to the parent branch of accountancy, which is the Bookkeeping course.
Not everyone can do these sophisticated calculations and analysis, working their brain cells to their maximum. This requires enough professional expertise and training. Here, we have come up with the seven such academic courses for basic and advanced levels. Take some time out to read our short review and easily pick the best course that suits your interest and eminence.
Here are the Best Bookkeeping Courses Online, Certifications, & Classes in 2020
- 1 Here are the Best Bookkeeping Courses Online, Certifications, & Classes in 2020
- 1.1 Bookkeeping Basics (Udemy)
- 1.2 Accounting Foundation Bookkeeping (LinkedIn)
- 1.3 Introduction to Bookkeeping (EDX)
- 1.4 Step by Step Mastery (Udemy)
- 1.5 Manual Bookkeeping (Udemy)
- 1.6 Intermediate Bookkeeping (EDX)
- 1.7 Bookkeeping and Accountancy (UDEMY)
- 2 Our Recommendation
- 3 Most Common Bookkeeping Online Course Questions
Below is a list of the best bookkeeping online courses that will teach you beginner to advanced accounting topics and turn you into an expert bookkeeper.
- Bookkeeping Basics (Udemy)
- Accounting Foundation Bookkeeping (LinkedIn)
- Introduction to Bookkeeping (EDX)
- Step by Step Mastery (Udemy)
- Manual Bookkeeping (Udemy)
- Intermediate Bookkeeping (EDX)
- Bookkeeping and Accountancy (UDEMY)
Bookkeeping Basics (Udemy)
This Udemy course is created by Ron Trucks, a renowned Small business Coach, and college instructor for over 10 years. The course deals with the fundamentals, terms, and concept of bookkeeping right from scratch. The classes are in a simple and easy-to-understand format. This course includes 4.5 hours of video lectures, 52 downloaded resources, full-lifetime access to classes on mobile, and TV.
They provide lucid explanations to concepts such as income, expenses, asset, liability which in turn boosts the confidence of the candidate by providing a strong base in the subject. This course costs 4800 Indian rupees and now available at 385 Indian rupees only – a limited time offer. They have also come up with a 30-day money-back guarantee with 8,550 students enrolled already.
- Quick response to queries by the mentors
- Basic arithmetic is the only required skill
- Certificate on completion is provided
- Beginners can gain more, as this course builds a strong foundation
- Practical oriented sessions, such as tips for good bookkeeping and mistakes to be avoided are given
- Users say that some contents are repetitive at times
- This course may not help professionals as this purely focuses on basics
Accounting Foundation Bookkeeping (LinkedIn)
This is an introductory course on bookkeeping instructed by Jim Stice, (LinkedIn instructor) and Kay Stice, Professor of Accounting, Brigham Young University. The course deals with journal entries, how a transaction turns into financial statements, the role of computer programs in businesses, etc.
The main contents are the review of financial statements, steps in the bookkeeping process, the effect of the transaction on the accounting equation, general ledger, and illustration of the first three steps in the accounting cycle. The mechanic of accounting is what the general theme of the program focuses on. The aim is to teach the new language of accounting in businesses. This course costs 1,150 Indian rupees and offers a one-month free trial with 40,107 people showed their interest already.
- Self-contained course
- No prior knowledge required
- It has got 2 instructors, so queries can be resolved fast
- They teach to collect, analyze, and summarize transactions
- This course is more than what bookkeeping deals with. It covers the entire accounting process. So, candidates need to filter out some accounting sessions, as it is not a targeted course for bookkeeping alone.
Introduction to Bookkeeping (EDX)
This is also an introductory level 1 course by the ACCA institution under the subject business and management. This is a six-week course with 4-5 hours per week in the English language. No prerequisites are needed for enrolling. Already 49,791 students have registered in the program. Here, you learn about business transactions in the banking system, double-entry bookkeeping, reconciliation, and preparing a trial balance.
The instructors are Josie Adams, Senior Lecturer, and Linsey Taylor – the senior tutor. This course enables you to start a career in business, finance, or accountancy. No prior knowledge is required; just start the account and learn straight away. Also, you are at enough liberty to study at our own pace. ACCA certificate can be achieved only by registering as a student, passing the FA1 exam, and completing a free online module.
- They enable students to study business at their college or during school time itself
- Helps to launch your start-up
- A free exam preparation course for MA1 is available through ACCA-X
- Helps in preparation for ACCA Exam, recording financial transactions (FA1)
- You can earn ACCA certificate in financial and management accounting
- No prior knowledge needed to enroll and is more student-friendly
- Syllabus followed is not published on their website. So, the clarity regarding topics is minimal
- Course will not offer EDX certificate on completion
Step by Step Mastery (Udemy)
This is created by Jafar Iqbal, a Chartered Accountant, and Business Adviser. The curriculum comprises of seven sections, 27 lectures for which you have to invest only 5.4 hours. This course mainly covers the topics of recording purchases, sales, handling cash, etc. It costs 3,200 Indian rupees, now available at a flat 88% discount for a limited period with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
1,800 students have already enrolled for this course. This is a manual bookkeeping course that helps students. Before they move into computerized software, here they will learn the behind procedures of software functioning. Also, there is scope to learn to create profit and loss balance-sheet, create trail balance, handle nominal ledger, reconcile a bank account, purchase day book, etc. Explanation in simple language without using tech jargon is a plus when you take this course.
- Full-time access to video and resources on both mobile and TV
- Solid foundation in manual bookkeeping
- Bonus section on how to complete UK VAT return
- Certificate of completion
- Good for small business owners, aspiring employees
- Users say that volume of lectures is low while listening, so headphone is needed
- Users say that it is difficult to see the screen as the instructor uses Excel spreadsheet
Manual Bookkeeping (Udemy)
This is a level-2 advanced level of bookkeeping course. They teach preparing financial reports, balance sheets, and VAT return with 2.5 hours of video lectures,3 downloaded courses. Access to resources all-time over mobile and TV is provided. Lined paper, pen, and calculator are required while attending the class. They show works onscreen, using the Excel spreadsheet.
Those are using computerized bookkeeping can learn this to understand what is going behind the scenes of software and would be able to understand any mistake that software makes and can fix it too. The creator is Lisa Newton, an entrepreneur, infopreneur, and serial author. The tutor is a fellow member of the Association of Accounting Technicians(AAT). The total you need to spend is 1,280 Indian rupees for this course with a limited offer of 70% and a 30-day money-back guarantee.95 students have already enrolled for this course.
- Certificate of completion is provided
- More focused on practical aspect than on the theory side
- Ideal for students learning about manual bookkeeping
- No prior knowledge needed
- Manual data-keeping requires more effort and practice
- Some tutors are not from the accounting profession
Intermediate Bookkeeping (EDX)
This is an advanced level course to study bookkeeping. This is not a paid course; the only thing needed is the subscription. Around 15,549 students have already enrolled for the course. The institution of ACCA is providing the six-week course in the English language with a time limit of four to five hours per week. This course teaches about the widely-accepted accounting principles and concepts, how to account for business transactions, and also teaches how to prepare financial statements. The instructors are Rachel Banfield, accountant and Josie Adams, Senior Lecturer. This is designed for anyone starting with business, finance, or accountancy journey and wants to expand his/her accountancy and financial skills.
- ACCA certificate is provided for registering as a student and passing the FA1 exam
- Instructors are from the Accountancy profession
- Targeted mainly for professionals and business owners
- Not a paid course, so financially affordable
- Does not offer EDX certificate
- Not designed for students or beginners
- No prescribed syllabus present on the website
Bookkeeping and Accountancy (UDEMY)
This course teaches bookkeeping with easy methods. It provides a 15.5-hour video, 25 downloaded resources with full access on mobile and TV along with a certificate of completion. This is created by ‘LETS TUTE MAKE IT EASY’, Expert in Mathematics, Science, and Accounting. The course fee is 2,560 Indian rupees with a limited time offer of 85% discount with a 30-day money-back guarantee. It teaches fundamentals of accounting, partnership accounting, accounting for incomplete records, accounting for bill exchange, and accounting for companies.2,016 students have already registered for this course. Concepts are taught right from the scratch in a story format which makes classes easy to understand and interesting. This is designed also for students in eleventh, twelfth, CBSE, and HSE students.
- Designed for both professionals and students
- Teaches accounting for partnership firms, NGO, Joint stock companies
- Logical explanatory videos
- Fun quiz
- Problem-solving sessions
- Some users say that teachers are a bit hard to understand and speak fast
Everything is now available at our fingertips, and our job is to choose the best one as per your interest and potential. Bookkeeping is the daughter course of the parent branch of accounting.It’s like a handful of water from an ocean. In bookkeeping, we do record and categorize transactions only. In the above-mentioned courses, some of them deal with bookkeeping while others deal with accounting as a whole.
We recommend EDX Introduction to bookkeeping course which can be subscribed at minimal cost for beginners and we recommend the advanced level 2 version EDX Intermediate bookkeeping course for professionals that is also available free of cost.
Most Common Bookkeeping Online Course Questions
Here are the most commonly asked questions about online bookkeeping classes and certifications.
How to Choose a Bookkeeping Online Course?
Many of these courses teach the fundamentals of accounting, how to do accounting in various firms like partnership firms, joint-stock company, NGO, how to prepare balance-sheet, reconciliation of bank account, etc. Beginners will be able to learn the concepts of income, expenses, journal entries, etc. Some of these courses often train to start a career like initiating your start-ups. Students will be able to learn this part-time, as classes are available any time on mobile or TV. They make the concepts clear and teach to apply the practical aspects. The quality of instructors in the field is another important factor that should be taken into account while opting for such online academic courses.
What will you learn in an Online Bookkeeping Course?
Accounting helps you to record, classify, summarize the business transactions of private firms, government organizations, etc. Such auditing helps to understand the profit growth of a company and informs customers, company owners which in turn helps in various decision-making processes. Most of the reviewed courses require no prior knowledge, so interested people can enroll without further restriction which makes people from different academic backgrounds opt for this career option.
Many of these courses give certificates, so people can get training and can also earn decently from the comfort of their home. The practical tips, guidelines, video demonstrations and doubt resolving initiatives by instructors without any delay make these courses super productive.
Which is the best online bookkeeping course for beginners?
UDEMY Bookkeeping basics course is the best for beginners but it is costlier and may not be affordable for students and beginners. The other best option is EDX Introduction to bookkeeping course which is available free of cost and for which 49,000 students have already enrolled. These two courses focus on building the base for fundamentals of bookkeeping without mixing it with other accounting topics.
They also provide the ACCA certificate under some conditions mentioned above. Beginners should take basic courses and that deal with the fundamentals of accounting. This helps them to understand their taste in the subject and design a career accordingly.